Embaucher un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Can my ex win full custody on the with no grounds of merit

Anonymous Asked:

My ex partner and I have joint custody of our daughter and have so for the past 7 years.

My ex served me papers wanting full custody and for my child support payment to quadruple effective in 4 weeks time.

I love my daughter dearly and see her 50% of the time. Can my ex win full custody on the with no grounds of merit? Also, can my daughter choose who she would want to live with full time if it came to that?

Expert Comment:

1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Deepa Tailor, Barrister Solicitor and Notary Public
2 years ago

Thank you for the question. The courts will preserve the status quo regarding decision making and parenting time. With recent changes to the legislation, decision making will be based on the best interest of the child legal test. The child support owing will be determined once the decision making, and parenting time is finalized and will be based on that. It is worth noting that table child support and special and extraordinary expenses will both have to be considered. Without having specific details and relevant information its difficult to provide specific answers regarding the child support liability. We recommend that you speak to a lawyer about your current situation.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

What can you buy while you filling for a divorce

What can you invest on or buy while you are going through divorce

DC Icon

Preparing for Court: What to Expect in a Contested Divorce Trial in Ontario

Divorce is a life-altering event that can be emotionally draining and legally complex. When a divorce becomes contested, both spouses cannot agree on some or all of the key issues. This can lead to more significant challenges, as the court has to step ...

DC Icon

Do Divorce Lawyers Work on Weekends? Get Expert Advice When You Need It

If you've been wondering, "Do divorce lawyers work on weekends?" you most likely are experiencing the common truth that navigating the complexities of divorce can be challenging, and finding the right time to discuss your concerns with a divorce lawyer ...

DC Icon

How to Not Pay Spousal Support in Canada

Introduction Divorce can be a challenging and emotionally draining process, and one of the most contentious issues is often the payment of spousal support. Many individuals going through a divorce wonder, "how to not pay spousal support in Canada?" Whi ...

DC Icon

Divorce Lawyer for Business Owners: Protecting Your Business and Assets

Divorce is a difficult and emotional process for anyone, but it can be particularly challenging for business owners. The division of assets and determination of spousal support can have a significant impact on the future of a business. That's why it's ...

DC Icon

Divorce Lawyer For High Net-Worth Individuals

High Net Worth Divorces: Navigating the Complexities and Protecting Your Assets Divorce is never an easy process, but when it comes to a high net worth separation and divorce, the stakes are even higher. Unlike the average divorce, high net worth divor ...

See All Questions