Embaucher un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Common Law Pension

Anonymous Asked:

We've been together for 33 years.
She wants out.
We own a house she is on title.. I owned a house before I met her
our current home is not the one that I had originally.
She has credits card debts. The house is paid off and and I have no debts.

We are both retired. My income is CPP and OAS.. plus my RSPS.
She receives a monthly private pension of approximately 3000.00
a month..
My question is ..Am I entitled to a portion of her pension or some sort of compensation for the pension..The pension was earned entirely while we were together.
Would spousal support be available in this situation.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Barry Nussbaum, JD, MBA
7 years ago


Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can my ex win full custody on the with no grounds of merit

My ex partner and I have joint custody of our daughter and have so for the past 7 years. My ex served me papers wanting full custody and for my child support payment to quadruple effective in 4 weeks time. I love my daughter dearly and see her 50% of t ...

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x