Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

uncontested divorce

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

I want to apply for divorce immediately. We,ve been seperated for couple of years and settled everything. Am i allow to use uncontested divorce?

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A Family Lawyer
6 years ago

This is intended for general information only and not specific legal advice. However, if you are in Ontario, you would issue, serve and file the Application (Divorce Only) and if you are served with an Answer including claims as to other issues such as property division, support, custody or access, etc. then the matter is contested, and if there is no Answer or responding materials then the matter is uncontested. A contested/uncontested divorce refers to the claims made in the case, not the claim for divorce. The grounds for divorce are separate and apart for one year, cruelty and adultery. If there is no dispute to the grounds on which you are claiming a divorce, then the claim for divorce is not contested. However, the divorce claim may need to be put on hold if other claims must be finalized beforehand. If you do receive an Answer or responding materials then subject to legal advice you would have the opportunity serve and file a Reply to submit your position to the court on those claims in dispute.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x