Contactez un avocatNEW Support Group
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

She is refusing to sign the separation agreement.

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

Anonymous Asked:

My wife and I have a jointly owned property and a line of credit (debt). The deal was, I was to assume the debt and keep the house. I have been paying for both, and in order to change the mortgage over into my name I need a signed separation agreement. She is refusing to sign the separation agreement, therefore I am paying both and shes still on title... what are my options? The separation agreement along with divorce papers are ready to go.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Stuart Zukerman
6 years ago

If she will not sign an agreement then your only option would be to commence legal proceedings (under the Family Law Act) seeking orders relating to asset and debt division. You could first send her a demand letter from a lawyer setting out the terms you are seeking to incorporate into an agreement threatening that if she does not agree to sign an agreement including those terms of settlement then you will commence a lawsuit seeking relief which is even more favorable to you than what you are proposing as a settlement. Then if she will still not agree, proceed to commence a lawsuit.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

DC Icon

Forcing my spouse back to work when we separate

My wife has been stay at home mom for over 9 years of a 17 year marriage. I've wanted her to go back to work but she has found every reason not to go back. We are nearing separation and my income alone won't support 3 kids and 2 homes. We go into debt ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x