Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

illegally kept from child lawyer wont help

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

My husband and i have been seperated for 3 years but we are still married, I live in Brantford and he lives in windsor. We have an 8 year old son together whom i have been not allowed to see for 4 months, how does that affect custody in terms of the parent child relationship and other things seeing as the only reason for this is my ex's insistance that, without proof or legal reason, I am unfit to take care of my son, my lawyer wont do anything, he hasnt seen a family member in 4 months, what can i do?

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A Family Lawyer
6 years ago

This site does not give legal advice, and you need to ensure that you are not seeking legal advice while you have legal representation. I cannot give you legal advice in these circumstances. The issue is whether the status quo will factor into the final outcome in respect of the custody and access issues. If you think that the current status quo is not in the child's best interests then you need to take steps by way of obtaining a court order or parenting agreement. You would be asking to change the current status quo. It is definitely not healthy for the child to go prolonged periods of time without contact with the other parent. If such concerns had any bit of credence, then at a bare minimum you would be exercising supervised access.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

DC Icon

Forcing my spouse back to work when we separate

My wife has been stay at home mom for over 9 years of a 17 year marriage. I've wanted her to go back to work but she has found every reason not to go back. We are nearing separation and my income alone won't support 3 kids and 2 homes. We go into debt ...

DC Icon

I got married in Toronto and divorced in Mexico City. Do I have to register my divorce in Toronto?

I got married in Toronto to my Mexican ex-husband and we divorced in Mexico City in 2009. From what I understood from the divorce proceeding, the judge ordered the court to inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to notify the Canadian authorities of my ...

DC Icon


How is the remaining contribution room of a child's RESP shared (assuming an RESP is started but contributions are less than the maximum $50k per beneficiary) if no stipulation was made in the separation agreement? (Note: also assuming each parent cont ...

DC Icon

Custody of children in Britain while father remains in Canada

I am a psychiatrist who is seeing a patient who is the father of children who reside in Britain with their mother from whom he is separated. His only contact with his children is via video conferencing twice per week. What legal option can he pursue to ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x