Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Home Support Worker

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

My brother is not a canadian resident. His wife came to Canada to work so she can petition him and their daugther after few years. My brother since his marriage has to work abroad to be able to provide his family financially esp that they already have a child. Unfortunately, when wife was in Canada, their relationship failed and the wife sent him a divorce application Form 8A (simple)and Form 6 paper to sign 7 years ago, filed in Ontario, Superior Court of Justice. My brother was unable to sign the Form 6 but based on the document, the application was already submitted in the Court with a Court File Number. My brother is made aware that his former wife already moved on with her life,got married and has another child from her present husband. My brother wishes to move on with his life now but the country where he comes from doesnt acknowledge divorce and is now really desperate to start another life with a woman who stood by him when his wife decided to divorce him. Even if he wasnt able to sign the Form 6, 7-yrs ago, was the appliction for divorce in Ontario pushed through? He is wondering and if it did, can I help him obtain a copy of the approved divorce paper so he can finally start his own new family? His former wife seems hiding that she keeps changing address and contact number. I just wanted to help my brother start a proper life and marriage with the new woman he found. Please, kindly advise.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A Family Lawyer
6 years ago

The only countries which do not permit a divorce are the Philippines and the Vatican City. I appreciate he feels trapped. His options are to file for annulment or declaration of nullity in his home country. The parties may never have cohabitated together. You should consult legal representation in his home country. It doesn't really matter what happened with the divorce in Canada, because his home country does not recognize divorce. For peace of mind, you may also want to obtain a copy of the divorce order as he has the application and knows the court address.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x