Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline


Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

Hello, we had a separation agreement drawn up by his lawyer, I signed and he signed agreeing with all terms but he is not going by what is in it....It was agreed to list the house and now he is refusing to sell...and wants rent from me since I am in it but it also states that he pays for mortgage and bills while it is listed but he is refusing to list...I am worried that he is using the house for some sort of collateral or something and when and if it does ever sell I will not get my share to move on with...what can I do, I have asked severals times to list and now he is threatening me to have me out,,,i have been in the house for over 1 year now....

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

If you have a valid Separation Agreement, you can bring an application in the Court (this is the law in Ontario) for an order to enforce the terms of the Agreement, which would include an order for the sale of the house. I suggest you consult with a lawyer in your area to commence an application immediately.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x