Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Divorce without babys and not interest in properties. Abusive relationship.

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

I Separated from my husband 2 years ago.it was a relation that finished because of abuse, the police put him charges and after he was in bail conditions and the criminal court decided a peace bond. The peace bond finished already. We don't have baby. I don't want claim anything from properties. I just want to get the divorce without see his face. It was a traumatic separation. Sometimes I think I will never ask for divorce to don't see his face. I am full time student right now and also I have no idea about the divorce cost. Thanks for your help.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
A Family Lawyer
6 years ago

It is unlikely that a claim for divorce results in parties seeing each other face to face. The application for divorce is served by the sheriff at the court office in these circumstances. The ground for divorce is living separate and apart for one year. The only dispute is whether you have been separate and apart. The fees of $167 and $280 payable to the Minister of Finance may be waived if you file a fee waiver request and are approved for same. Unless he formally disputes your claim for divorce, there would be no face to face contact. You may find additional information on the divorce process on this website, divorce-canada.ca or the Ministry of Attorney General website. Also, the Law Society has a lawyer referral service which you could use to further discuss the divorce process.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x