Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

child's residence

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

I am the working parent...I applied for a work transfer - my husband was to get a job when we arrived in Canada - after finding out the daycare in my building did not take children until 10 months old my husband decided to stay home with my son. My son is now 19 months old and my husband has no motivation to get a job - we tried to put my son in daycare a few days a week but he constantly catches a cold from the center...we finally got accepted in the daycare in my building for fulltime (and my son got very sick the first day - ended up in the emergency room) so now my husband does not want to work. If I should divorce him - he would be considered the primary care giver ...does this mean my son would reside wiht him! I take care of my son as soon as I arrive home in the evening between 4:30 and 5:30pm until bedtime usually around 10pm (yes it is late but he doesn't wake up until late in the morning so my husband can sleep!)

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

The issue of custody and access is determined by considering what is in the child's best interests. One factor is the status quo, or the arrangements made for the child to date.

However, the court would consider each of your respective plans of care for the child. When you are in separate residences, it is likely your spouse will have to work to provide for himself.

For a more thorough examination of the facts of your case I suggest you contact a lawyer.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x