Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

I'm worried that my ex will be violent with my kids during their visit

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

If I, the mother of two children with sole custody, am very worried about my children going with their father because of his violent behavior and the court is making me give him a chance because he may be rehabilitated, but I know for sure he hasn't rehabilitated, what do I do? He hasn't just been physically violent with me but with my daughter also. They are saying it has been 2 yrs and He hasn't been violent but he hasn't had the chance because the visits he was having with the kids were supervised.the courts are saying I have to give him a chance. What do I do?

Expert Comment:

Notify of
1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Answer: You are asking me about an ongoing Court case. To be responsible, I need to read the Court file. I can then provide you with a proper analysis. However, as one comment only, you need the involvement of one or more experts, such as an assessor or the Children’s Lawyer, to examine the factual circumstances that you mention and then provide a report with recommendations to the Court. If you already have an expert’s report that you disagree with, then it can be challenged. You are welcome to call me at: 1-866-557-3222 for a free consultation.

(The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

DC Icon

Forcing my spouse back to work when we separate

My wife has been stay at home mom for over 9 years of a 17 year marriage. I've wanted her to go back to work but she has found every reason not to go back. We are nearing separation and my income alone won't support 3 kids and 2 homes. We go into debt ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x