Embaucher un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Granting Access to Other Parent

Anonymous Asked:

I have full custody of my children, whereas the other parent only has access to them during a certain time period. During this time period, I never restrict their access to the other parent. However, my question now is: I have a concern that the other parent is manipulating my children, trying to turn them against me. Knowing that I should never restrict access to the other parent, does that rule/law pertain to the time period outside the court ordered access time period? For example, if my children only see the other parent one weekend a month am I allowed to restrict their access during the week or off-weekend(for example)?

Thank You for your time.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

The answer to this depends on whether or not you have sole custody. If there is an order or agreement outlining that you have sole custody of the children, then you are the sole decision maker for them. If you feel that access outside of the specified time periods is not in the children's best interest, then you can stop that access. However, the other party may feel that action is unjustified and may commence a court application to ensure that access continues. In that case, it would be up to the court to decide what access schedule is best for the children, absent any agreement reached between the parties.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can my ex win full custody on the with no grounds of merit

My ex partner and I have joint custody of our daughter and have so for the past 7 years. My ex served me papers wanting full custody and for my child support payment to quadruple effective in 4 weeks time. I love my daughter dearly and see her 50% of t ...

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x