Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Child Support for kids in other country

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

I am married with two kids (3 & 1 yr old) here in Canada. Prior to that, my marriage with my first wife was annulled in the Philippines whom I also have 2 kids (17 & 15 yrs old). My first wife is asking for a child support that I cannot afford to give. I have offered a certain amount that I can manage to give but she refused. Now she's threatening me that she's gonna file a case against me to get what she wants. My question is "can she file a case regarding child support Child Support for kids in other country?, what if i can't afford to give the amount she want, i also have kids here. Please help

Expert Comment:

Notify of
1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Stuart Zukerman
5 years ago

Yes of course your former spouse can bring an application for child support. The fact that the marriage was annulled is irrelevant. If you are the biological father of the children then you have a support obligation which is determined under the Child Support Guidelines. If the matter goes to court you will be ordered to pay the Table amount that accords to your Line 150 income.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

DC Icon

Forcing my spouse back to work when we separate

My wife has been stay at home mom for over 9 years of a 17 year marriage. I've wanted her to go back to work but she has found every reason not to go back. We are nearing separation and my income alone won't support 3 kids and 2 homes. We go into debt ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x