Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Pension entitlement

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

August 14/2013. Me and my wife are planning to separate. We both are currently working for the same company. She has 24 years of service. I have 30 years.the company provides a pension/ ford motor co. I plan to retire sept1/2013. In doing so. Would I be entitled to alimony from her because of the disparity in weekly income. She would take home 950$ net. While I draw 675$ net from my pension. And also would I be entitled to her 24 years of pension credits would that be considered an asset of the estate. We have been married 28 years

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

The question you are asking about deals with how a pension is treated once it is in pay in the context of separation or divorce. Either the pension is treated as an asset and divided or it is considered income for the purposes of dealing with the issue of spousal support. Without knowing the details of your case, I cannot provide you any specifics regarding which approach should be taken. I suggest you consult with a lawyer in your area for further information.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x