Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

How can my son get his passport ?

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

I am married and have a 4 yr old son. I came to canada 5 years ago to work and left my husband. when my son was born, his dad was never here. he is overseas and never got in canada. but I got his dad's name on his birth certificate. now, I want to divorce with him and I have an annulment going on, back home. it's complicated because he is missing, or hiding. I couldnt get a hold of him. I want custody of my son and I need to get him a passport and I want to divorce him too
passport canada refused my son his passport because I couldn't get his father's signature as well as I don't have custody paper to show nor couldn't provide one for the court order. what will I do? his father never had access on him, never gave support nor seen him.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M.
6 years ago

Answer: You are entitled to seek a divorce, custody/access, support, passport entitlements, etc. in Canada as you have lived here for more than one year. Thus, we need to commence a Court Application to obtain all necessary Orders here. We will have to attempt to serve him, but if he cannot be found then we will have to obtain a Judge’s Order for either substituted service or dispensing with service. I can explain this to you if you call me for a free consultation. Either way, we can assist you.

(The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

DC Icon

Forcing my spouse back to work when we separate

My wife has been stay at home mom for over 9 years of a 17 year marriage. I've wanted her to go back to work but she has found every reason not to go back. We are nearing separation and my income alone won't support 3 kids and 2 homes. We go into debt ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x