Embaucher un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

Best Interest of the child

Anonymous Asked:

I am due in December with a little girl The father has decided to work things out with his wife and they are currently trying to conceive. Neither his parents or his wife want a relationship with the baby however he does if he has to pay support. If he does not have to pay support he will to sign away rights. Are custody and support dealt with at the same time or can they be dealt with separately. Is there any chance I can get supervised visits given the child not being welcome by people within his life?

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Child custody and access and child support are two unrelated items. Child support is payable to the party having full time care and control of the child. The payment of child support is not dependent upon whether or not the other party has access, or visitation with the child. The issue of whether or not access is supervised will depend upon a number of factors. The party suggesting supervision has to prove that same is necessary as it would be in the best interest of the child.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can my ex win full custody on the with no grounds of merit

My ex partner and I have joint custody of our daughter and have so for the past 7 years. My ex served me papers wanting full custody and for my child support payment to quadruple effective in 4 weeks time. I love my daughter dearly and see her 50% of t ...

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x