Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

unfair division of assets by lawyers

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

In 1995, my 32 yr military marriage ended in divorce. We were each represented by a lawyer, plus a mediator. I did not receive 50% of my husband's pension and there was no other financial support given to me. In fact, there was nothing right about our divorce, except for my husband. I have provided proof of discrimination against me to the LSUC for several years only to be ignored. The 3 lawyers representing us are now well known, especially,Jennifer MacKinnon, my husband's lawyer and now a judge with the superior court of ontario.
My only financial support was a taxable, lump sum of $187,500 in a federal locked in rrsp or less than $13,000 a month, in 1995.
My husband received $22,000 a year in 1995 from his pension which is now worth approx $38,000 a year. Mine is worth less than $4000. What can I do? Glenastanley@yahoo.ca

Expert Comment:

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

I suggest you consult with a lawyer about your case. It is impossible to comment on the nature of your settlement without having full knowledge of the prior proceedings.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x