Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

He has said he will stop at nothing to make sure I don't leave

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

I have nothing to start with and no clue how to. My husband and I are newly weds who are young and have been together a while however he has become possessive and negligent since we have gotten married he has also become irritable violent and manipulative. I do not have anything but a small job and no savings. I want out. It hurts too much and there is no end to the suffering. He has said he will stop at nothing to make sure I don't leave or that if I do its with nothing. We have just started out and have no money so I need help. It's scary but I know I just need out . Tonight was the last time I would ever be thrown around and hurt the way he has hurt me. He has left multiple times and I fear he is having an affair. Tonight he left and I managed to maintain both keys to the house however I know he will be back. I just want a divorce so bad but don't know how or how I will survive without help

Expert Comment:

Notify of
1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

I assume from your question, with my sympathy, that you are referring to physical abuse. If so then you may wish to telephone the police. Either way, you need legal assistance to help you extricate yourself and obtain both property division and support, depending on your facts. You have not provided any specific details in your question and, accordingly, I can only provide this general answer for you. I invite you to telephone me at 866-557-3222 for a free consultation so that I may provide you with better guidance.

(The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. As well, generally speaking, the above information relates to Ontario law. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, or if you are making inquiries where Ontario law may not apply, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Can I not pay child support in Canada?

Hi, I'm a 17 years old guy and I accidently got my ex-girlfriend pregnant (if she is not lying). The problem is, we are not dating anymore and I cannot pay the child support. I don't even work and my parents would probably kill me. So I spoke to her ye ...

DC Icon

Spouse under-reporting income to CRA and doesn't want to pay support

My spouse has been deliberately under-reporting income over the last few years in preparation for a divorce. How can I prove this, as my spouse does not want to pay spousal support?

DC Icon

My ex stopped child support payments

My ex stopped his child support cheque (it bounced). His lawyer is demanding (unreasonable) information about child and stopped the payments to extort that information. According to our separation agreement, my ex has to keep paying even if there are d ...

DC Icon

Child support payments while on EI

When the parent who has to pay child support and is on unemloyment insurance does he still have to pay? If yes when do i receive the support check?

DC Icon

Missing Child since 2009

My wife ran away to Hong Kong in 2009, I have no news of my son since. I have an e-mail contact with her and that's it. I want to see my son, hold him in my arms... we are in 2016, it's been 7 years... She doesn't let me talk to him or see him, and she ...

DC Icon

Ex lives in the Philippines - how can I get divorced?

I lived here in BC for more than 6 years and have legally separated with husband in the Philippines. Now i want to file an uncontested divorce from here but the problem is, my ex husband is not allowed to sign the divorce paper that i prepare since Div ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x