Contactez un avocat
DC Logo F-no-tagline
DC Logo F-no-tagline

How to calculate my child support payments?

Fill out the form below to receive a no-obligation consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Anonymous Asked:

Currently my ex is paying me 200.34$/ month for child support. I was unemployed at the time, as I was daycare for my ex on his custody days and a stay at home mom, and on social assistance. He was making an annual grosse income of 46,000. We have had 50% shared custody, for the last 1.5 months.

Is that amount correct $200.84/ month ?

I am now working and am wondering at what income level will my child support payments be affected.. or will they be affected at all?

the amount when i was on social assistance seemed low as it was. From my understanding, child support is based on your disposable income, meaning once your personal amount is deducted.

Expert Comment:

Notify of
1 Comment
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Andrew Heft
6 years ago

I cannot calculate the basic child support that would be payable as you have not indicated your current gross income.

Basic child support for 2014 is calculated using your gross income minus a basic deduction of $10,200. There can be other deductions such as union dues but there are very few. These deductions calculate your disposable income. Please note that this disposable income is not the same as disposable income for tax purposes.

Basic child support for a spouse earning $46,000 a year and the other $0.00 in a shared custody arrangement for one child is $234.58 per month in 2014. Please remember that this is the basic amount and that other considerations could have been taken into account to arrive at your amount of $200.84. If your income has increased past the $10,200 deduction then child support will decrease proportionally to the increase in your revenues.

Latest Questions Asked:

DC Icon

Simple Divorce

We have already settled support and property division so it is just a matter of getting a divorce. He wants to serve me with papers, or have me go to his lawyers since I am not protesting the divorce do I have to do anything and will it cost me money? ...

DC Icon

Is the 6 year rule for settlement of home and assets written in stone or can it be extended?

My husband and I have been separated for 6 years this coming August. Can I ask for an extension to the time limit or can it be extended at all? If my husband who has moved out and is living with someone else and has a home together will not agree on a ...

DC Icon

Mutual divorce

What is the process & conditions of mutual divorce in Toronto & how much time it takes ?

DC Icon

Stock calculation during a divorce

Hi there, I have a question about calculation of stocks during separation. for example prior to marriage I had 100 shares of company X with a value of $1000 ($10 per share). At time of separation I have 200 shares of stock X worth $8000 ($40 per share ...

DC Icon

Can I divorce my spouse who lives in another country

My partner and I are amicable in getting a divorce, nothing to negotiate, she resides in another country and is not planning to return to Ontario. I'm wondering if there is a possibility to file forms online, or must I send the paperwork overseas and h ...

DC Icon

Forcing my spouse back to work when we separate

My wife has been stay at home mom for over 9 years of a 17 year marriage. I've wanted her to go back to work but she has found every reason not to go back. We are nearing separation and my income alone won't support 3 kids and 2 homes. We go into debt ...

See All Questions
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x