Separation from a Stay at Home

Posted in Location, Montreal, Quebec, Separation by Questions on January 25, 2016

My husband has decided he wants to leave me. We have a toddler and I am a stay at home mom (he makes around 90k and I’ve been home for 3.5 yrs). He wants to sell the house and move on ASAP but I have zero income or savings and there is a 50k debt that accumulated within our marriage. I can’t afford a new place nor do I want to move again, and can’t even afford this debt! We also signed a marriage contract so there’s nothing to help me financially there. I’ve heard of alimony but don’t think that will help even make a dent in the bills and I have no idea who or where to go for advice that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I’m so lost 🙁

1 Expert Comment

  1. On January 26, 2016 at 2:47 pm
    Andrew Heft said:

    I would highly recommend you communicate with your local legal aid office who will be able to provide you with a lawyer, free of charge, who will be able to advise and help you with your divorce and on how to obtain support from your husband.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9