Not respecting separation agreemnet

Posted in Alberta, Calgary, Location, Separation by Questions on May 7, 2013

My ex-husband and I have been separated for 2 years, and have 2 young children. We have a mutual (50%)custody agreement. My question concerns the fact that my ex-husband is no longer abiding by the agreemnet. He has not shown up in the past 2 weeks to pick up his children on the days that he has been scheduled to see them according to our mutual agreement. Do I have any other option besides taking him to court to get him to abide by our agreement? I do not want our children to lose their father, and I do want them to have 2 full time parents that they can count on, however at the moment, they only have me, as I cannot force thier father to see them. Or can I?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 13, 2013 at 11:44 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    You should consult a lawyer in your region regarding the steps necessary to enforce the Agreement. In Ontario, the procedure would include commencing a court matter.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9