Mrs K

Posted in Location, North York, Ontario, Separation by Questions on August 19, 2013

Hello I am moving out after mo years of marriage as the marriage has broken down so badly I cant take it anymore. I am disabled and was wondering what the rules were for spousal support should I move out or spousal support on a whole?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On August 22, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    Lorne J. Fine, B.A., LL.B. said:

    If you are a financial dependent, you would be entitled to spousal support. If you move out of the residence it does not impact the spousal support claim, but it could have an impact on the sale of the matrimonial home. You should seek counsel.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9