Marriage & Common Law failed relationships

Posted in Location, Manitoba, Separation, Winnipeg by Questions on April 25, 2013

If you are separated from your marriage spouse for less than a year with no legal separation agreement, and you start living with someone else in a common law relationship, and after 5-6 months that one has failed, which relationship takes precedent when it comes to eligibilty for pension splitting?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On April 26, 2013 at 8:06 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    In Ontario there is no division of property for common law relationships. I suggest you consult with legal counsel in your jurisdiction.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9