1 (877) 797-9411


Posted in Kitchener, Location, Ontario, Separation by Questions on August 19, 2013

Hello, we had a separation agreement drawn up by his lawyer, I signed and he signed agreeing with all terms but he is not going by what is in it….It was agreed to list the house and now he is refusing to sell…and wants rent from me since I am in it but it also states that he pays for mortgage and bills while it is listed but he is refusing to list…I am worried that he is using the house for some sort of collateral or something and when and if it does ever sell I will not get my share to move on with…what can I do, I have asked severals times to list and now he is threatening me to have me out,,,i have been in the house for over 1 year now….

1 Expert Comment

  1. On August 22, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    If you have a valid Separation Agreement, you can bring an application in the Court (this is the law in Ontario) for an order to enforce the terms of the Agreement, which would include an order for the sale of the house. I suggest you consult with a lawyer in your area to commence an application immediately.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved