Challenging a signed seperation agreement

Posted in Barrie, Location, Ontario, Separation by Questions on December 22, 2014

My  Ex common law spouse and I have been officially separated for a year and have signed documents claiming no financial/spousal support for either of us. I make quite a bit for money. As of recently I think he is financially strapped. He received $80,000 and many expensive items
We had purchased together. As of recently he has been threatening to challenge that agreement and go after the child/spousal support. Can he do this? I have continued to pay for all the children’s clothing. Hot lunches and summer camps. That would be joint expenses.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On December 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: You say that you have signed documents with your spouse. I need to read them to responsibly answer your questions. I am willing to do that as part of a free consultation, if you call me at: 866.557.3222. As a matter of general theory, child support can be reviewed yearly. Spousal support is harder to re-open, if a proper Separation Agreement has been entered into.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9