living in ontario while ex living in bc

Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Divorce by Questions on March 10, 2013

Hi there, I have been separated since feb 2008 and want a divorce from my ex.i am living in Ontario and she in BC. it is a same sex marriage where I can not contact my ex. we have not had contact for quite some time however both want the divorce. what is my best route to take. I heard that there was a divorce that you can get for a couple hundred dollars

Thank you for your time

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    The disbursements alone to file for divorce are in excess of $400.00. There is no such thing as a divorce for a couple hundred dollars.

    You can file for a divorce in the jurisdiction where you reside. Your former spouse needs to be served with the application, so you must know her address. You will also need to file an original Marriage Certificate.

    I suggest you contact a lawyer to assist.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9