How to get my ex to move out

Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Separation by Questions on March 14, 2013

I have been living with my boyfriend for a few years. I own the condo we live in and he has paid me rent and shared some of the expenses (grocereies, etc). We have broken up and I have asked him to leave. He refuses saying he pays rent and I can’t force him out. What can I do? Should I call the police or get a lawyer?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 15, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    I suggest that you consult with legal counsel on how best to proceed. If you were in a common law relationship and you own the home, your former spouse has no automoatic right to the home. You can ask him to leave, or demand that he do so. You may require police assistance for this.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9