Gender reassignment

Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Divorce by Questions on November 20, 2012

My husband is currently undergoing gender reassignment treatment. I’m not sure that I want to remain with him in the future. Can we divorce on these grounds? Thanks.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On January 22, 2013 at 9:32 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:


    The grounds for divorce in Canada are separate and a part for one year, adultery or cruelty.


Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9