Divorce across the border

Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Divorce by Questions on March 18, 2013

We were married in Ontario, lived in the US, I live up in Canada now but he still lives in the US. Can I file for a divorce in Canada after I having been living in Canada for a year? What kind of lawyer should I be looking for?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 25, 2013 at 9:07 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    You should hire a family law lawyer to handle the divorce for you. You can file for divorce in Canada.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9