1 (877) 797-9411

Who pays child support?

Posted in Divorce, Location, London, Ontario by Questions on April 25, 2014

Recently divorced my wife and we have joint custody, her having our daughter 51% of the time and me 49% of the time. She is now remarried. Her income is more then mine is. Does that change the amount that I should pay for child support?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On April 25, 2014 at 10:42 am
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    If you have shared custody and she earns more, she should be paying YOU child support (offset child support). Her living with someone else or remarrying does not effect child support generally but if her income is higher she should be paying you some sort of offset child support. I urge you to speak to a lawyer to discuss.​

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved