1 (877) 797-9411

She won’t sell the house

Posted in British Columbia, Divorce, Location, New Westminster by Questions on January 15, 2015

I have been separated from my wife for 5 years. We are seniors and no children. She stayed in the family home and refuses to sell. Its is joint tenancy. I am still paying the household bills. Living on a pension this makes it difficult. Can I force her to sign the listing. I have $500,000 equity in the property. She is mentally unstable and feels she can stay as long as she wants

1 Expert Comment

  1. On January 15, 2015 at 10:00 am
    Stuart Zukerman said:

    Yes – you can bring an application under either the Family Law Act and or the Partition of Property Act to force the sale and division of the property even over your wife’s objections and you will succeed as there is no basis in law for the court not to proceed with the sale and division.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2019 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved