1 (877) 797-9411


Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on May 26, 2014

I have resided in the Caribbean for 10 years and been separated for 18 years. I have paid child support for 18 years. I would like to get divorced but have read that I must reside in Canada for a year. The Ex who lives in Toronto will not do anything to help in any situation including signing a form. What can I do?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 26, 2014 at 8:50 am
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: You say that your spouse lives in Toronto. If your spouse has lived in Ontario for at least one year, then where you live does not matter and we can obtain the divorce for you from an Ontario Judge.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved