Not Canadian citizens and not married in Canada

Posted in Divorce, Kitchener, Location, Ontario by Questions on May 1, 2013

My spouse and i have been married for 6 years. We have 1 child who lives with me. I left 3 years ago we do not own any property . I am unemployed, my spouse is employed. We have been arguing from the time we got married and my spouse refused to seek counseling and a break down of communication caused me to leave. I live in another province. My spouse has admitley spoken of commuting adultery . I thought it was over but it’s not. We both agree that our child will remain in my care. Would the court grant my spouse custody ? I will allow my spouse access we both just agree that I will have the child in my care

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 6, 2013 at 8:07 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    In Ontario the issue of custody is guided by the principle of “the best interests of the child”. I suggest you consult with legal counsel in your province.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9