Mrs. C

Posted in Divorce, Kitchener, Location, Ontario by Questions on August 21, 2013

Spouse has Dementia and isn’t signing his lawyers retainer document but has paid them the fee. He is stalling on the divorce and I need to know can a divorce be granted without his consent? he has deemed other people as his Powers of Attorney after 25 years of marriage so he will be taken care of although they haven’t helped me with him when he is difficult.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On August 22, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    There is a difference between a contested separation and an uncontested divorce. If the only relief you are seeking is a divorce (which is a nullification of the marriage), your former spouse’s consent is not required. He must be served with divorce papers and the matter continues from there. I suggest you contact legal counsel in your area to initiate divorce proceedings.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9