1 (877) 797-9411

Israeli is getting divorced from Canadian

Posted in Divorce, Location, North York, Ontario by Questions on January 2, 2016

Hello! I have a pretty confused situation.
I was living in Canada as a refugee claimant for couple years. Then I have met a girl and we had got married in Toronto Civil Hall. But after loosing the court for refugee we couldn’t fill the sponsorship forms on time so I had to go back to Israel hoping that my loving wife will come to me. We both suck in the long-distance relationship, so after not living together almost for two years we have decided to get a divorce.In Israel I’ve never mentioned to the authorities that I am married.And now I want to marry to another woman. Couple months ago I found out that my “soon-to-be ex-wife” went to Australia for a year. For the conclusion :I am in Israel want to marry to my new GF, my “soon-to-be ex-wife in Australia”. How can we get a divorce?
Thank you very much for your help

1 Expert Comment

  1. On January 3, 2016 at 12:40 pm
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    Although you were married in Ontario, in order to commence divorce proceedings in Canada, you or your spouse needs to have been residing in Canada continuously for a period of at least one year prior to your separation. It sounds as though you have been living in Israel for some time now, and since your spouse is currently living in Australia, I would advise that you consult with a lawyer in Israel about how commence divorce proceedings in Israel.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2019 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved