1 (877) 797-9411

husband in canada, wife is outside canada

Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on January 21, 2014

Husband has been living in Ontario for 5yrs. He has his PR already if im not mistaken. I am living in our native country. Can he divorce me without my knowledge? Thank you in advance!

1 Expert Comment

  1. On January 21, 2014 at 10:35 am
    A Family Lawyer said:

    To obtain a divorce order, the court application must be personally served on the other party. If there is no Affidavit of Service to prove service of the application then the court should not accept it for purposes of filing into the record and therefore the applicant would not be able to proceed with the divorce proceeding.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved