1 (877) 797-9411

How to proceed with divorce after years of separation?

Posted in Divorce, Location, Quebec, Sainte-Jean-sur-Richelieu by Questions on April 12, 2016

Good day,
I have been separated from my husband for 9 years now. We have 2 children 18 and 23 years old. Everything has been separted from the get go. I would like to know the easist way to proceed on getting the divorce.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On April 13, 2016 at 1:39 pm
    Andrew Heft said:

    If you do not know where your husband is and have no method of figuring it out it is possible to obtain a divorce judgment. The usual method in these cases is to have your divorce notice published in a local newspaper for the last place you knew where he was. If you know the country where he moved to, or even better the city, you can have this notice printed in a newspaper that serves that community.

    I would recommend you consult with a lawyer for this to make sure it is done within the legal guidelines to do so. It should be noted that you will also need a judge’s permission to proceed this way.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved