1 (877) 797-9411

How can I get divorce living in Canada if I got married in the U.S?

Posted in Divorce, Location, Montreal, Quebec by Questions on May 20, 2014

I got married almost 4 years ago in the U.S, she lives in the states and I live here in Canada, I couldn’t give her Canadian resedenship because for the longest time she was illegal in the states, now I feel that I’m tires of this situation and think that is time for us to part ways? What can be done in my case

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 20, 2014 at 1:22 pm
    Andrew Heft said:

    You can file a petition for divorce here in Canada even though you are married in the United States. By cons, to do this, you must have been ordinarily resident in a single Canadian province for at least one year. There will of course need to serve your spouse (s) of your intention to divorce to enable him to appear in the record and to oppose your approach.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved