1 (877) 797-9411

Divorce With No Contact

Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on August 27, 2013

First, thank you so much for this invaluable resource! I am a US citizen who was legally married in Canada to my partner in 2004. The relationship abruptly dissolved in 2005-2006. Since that time, my ex has ceased all communication with me & we have lived in separate households. So I am not sure if she pursued a divorce & was granted such. My current internet searches for documentation of our marriage AND/OR divorce have been futile. If we are not divorced, I would like to begin the process & am fully prepared to pursue such. So can I get the divorce even if I have no idea where she is? Can I get the divorce even if I live in the US? Would I have to travel to Canada for any part of the process? What is the total estimated cost of a Canadian divorce? I apologize in advance for the multi-layered inquiries. Thank you in advance for your reply!

1 Expert Comment

  1. On September 16, 2013 at 9:53 am
    Lorne J. Fine, B.A., LL.B. said:

    You can only proceed to obtain a Divorce in Ontario if you reside here for one year prior to the date that you commence the Application for the Divorce.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved