Divorce only

Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on May 25, 2013

I am 81 years old. My wife of 6 years is 62years old. We stopped sleeping together over 2 years ago, as the result of impossible and insulting demands being made by my wife, just as we were about to have marital relations. I left the bed and the room, and I have not returned to her bed since. I use a separate bedroom. We cannot afford 2 residences. I have no income other than my CPP and OAS. For that reason we occupy the same house but live as strangers.

I need to be divorced from her as soon as possible, and cannot wait a year at my age. We have no dependants, no children, and she has very large personal and liquid assets worth about 3-4 million dollars. She refuses to pay for anything for the house. I must be divorced so that I can get on with my life without having her living in the same residence.

Can I get a court to abridge the time for the granting a divorce by decree nisi and absolute, in a month or less?

Thank you in advance for your help.
I must remain anonymous.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 28, 2013 at 10:50 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    While I understand the urgency to your matter, it is highly unlikely that your divorce would be completed in a month or less. Should you wish to purse property claims against your former wife, you should retain a lawyer immediately.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9