Divorce living in USA

Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, St. Catharines by Questions on March 17, 2014

I have lived apart from my husband for almost 7 years. I moved to the USA in June 2007. I want to get a divorce from him, and I DO NOT want to go back to Canada to do it. Is it possible, and what type of cost is involved. No support is sought, and no children are involved.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 17, 2014 at 11:57 am
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    Where was the marriage? You can probably apply for divorce in the U.S. if you are an “ordinary” resident for more than one year. However, you should speak to a lawyer in your jurisdiction in terms of costs and procedure.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9