Divorce and Bank Accounts
Posted in Divorce, Location, Mississauga, Ontario by Questions on November 14, 2015
I am a PR holder and I sponsored my spouse’s PR and brought her to Canada. We are living together from last 6 months now in Canada. She is not working in Canada. Prior to coming to Canada she used to work in home country in good position and was earning good salary. We got married 3 years ago in our home country and have no children.
Regarding my assets , I dont have any house in canada , I just have a car and good bank balance and owning a small business in my sole name.
I have a condo and bank accounts back in home country.
1. Now if I divorce her in canada, what kind of financial obligation I do have for her .
2. What kind of alumni do i need to give to her .
3. Do I need to disclose my all Canadian personal or business bank account and shld all be divided on half?
4. do I need to disclose my assets which are present in my home country too ?
5. Pls do advice , how should I arrange my bank accounts including incorporated account, before i start the separation process. Pls do advice what shld I do to save my hard earned money which are stored in my account.
6. Is it safe to keep the amount in incorporated account or I should keep in personal account ?
I am ready to give any alumni she is liable to or financially help her to establish by herself in Canada . But I dont want to give way half of my hard earned money straight way . PLs do advice with your valuable comments.