Divorce and abuse

Posted in Divorce, Location, Montreal, Quebec by Questions on April 1, 2016

How to divorce an immigrant if he is now married to a Canadian women, he has been violent she now suffer from abuse and the police have been called many times, how should she start to prepare for a divorce.Thank you very much.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On April 2, 2016 at 2:08 pm
    Andrew Heft said:

    If she is being abused she should leave the family residence immediately and bring her personal papers and valuables with her. There are lots of services that can help her find temporary lodging, free legal aid and other services. The police should also be able to direct her to these services.

    For the divorce proceedings she will need the help of an attorney to establish her right to support. I would recommend she consult a lawyer in these circumstances.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9