1 (877) 797-9411

Divorce Husband after he remarried in the U.S

Posted in Divorce, Hamilton, Location, Ontario by Questions on June 18, 2014

My husband I were married in 1996. We separated in 2002 and have not lived together since. We sold our house and divided the proceeds. There are no financial ties. He is an American citizen who remarried his ex wife when he moved back to the US without divorcing me. He is also not allowed in this country for reasons not related to the divorce or our relationship. Now he wants a divorce because he is in trouble there. What is your advice to me?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On June 18, 2014 at 8:38 am
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: Either your husband or you can commence an Application for a Divorce in Ontario, as YOU have ordinarily resided in Ontario for at least one year immediately prior to the commencement of the Divorce Application. In terms of whether you should do so, or whether you should cooperate if he does so, that is guidance that I can provide only after being able to ask you some questions on your factual circumstances. I invite you to call me for a free consultation, so that I can provide proper guidance to you.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved