1 (877) 797-9411

Can she prolong the settlement of divorce?

Posted in Divorce, Location, North York, Ontario by Questions on July 8, 2014

I have been living separate from for more than 3 years.I thought that I do not need to file a divorce since I do not have any property,my only child is adult & living on her own. I work and pass my life nicely.I am originally from a South Asian country. My wife has been calling my younger brothers & their wives and speaking lot of bad things about me and she is doing these in the name of my wife. It makes me mentally sick. Now I have decided to file Divorce.I think, this is the only way I can restrain her from contacting my family & extended family members in my country of birth.
Now, my question is,while I submit the application of divorce,how long it might be to settle the issue in the court and is there any way she can prolong the settlement of divorce.
Also I want to know in my situation, what might be max & min cost involve from starting to end.
Many thanks for reading my questions

1 Expert Comment

  1. On July 9, 2014 at 4:34 pm
    Andrew J. Kania, LL.B., LL.M. said:

    Answer: Generally speaking, if we proceed with the divorce only, and it remains uncontested, it will take approximately 3 months to complete and the cost is $1,500 or less. This includes all of the Court fees that we must pay for you, which are around $750. However, you may wish to pursue other rights that you have, apart from just seeking the divorce itself, and I would be pleased to provide you with a free consultation if you call me, so that you know exactly what the best approach is for you.

    (The information provided above is general, not legal advice, as circumstances vary from case to case. Thus, if you wish legal advice that you can rely upon for your specific case, please contact Andrew Kania for a free consultation).

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved