Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on May 4, 2013

My husband and I were married 43 years when we separated Nov 29, 2011. He has informed me he wants an “uncontested” divorce. He lives in W. Africa. does he need to come to Canada to file the papers?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On May 6, 2013 at 8:14 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    If your husband is seeking to commence divorce proceedings against you in Canada, he would be required sign an Application for Divorce and other related documents. Exactly how and where he signs the documents would be up to him and his lawyer to determine.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9