1 (877) 797-9411


Posted in Chatham, Divorce, Location, Ontario by Questions on March 10, 2014

my divorce has been finalized for 3 years now. working full time now. can my mate go after me for alimony even though the judge ruled no alimony to be paid?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 11, 2014 at 10:00 am
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    To bring a claim when there is an order for no alimony, your ex would have to show a material change in circumstances which is unlikely at this juncture. Was this a final Order? Were there releases of support? The answer in other words, is that it is highly unlikely that she could apply now for alimony however I would consult with a family law lawyer to provide all the details.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved