1 (877) 797-9411

Adultery requiremnts

Posted in Divorce, Location, Ontario, Toronto Downtown Core by Questions on February 3, 2014

My husband committed adultery and is willing to admit it but how much does the 3rd party have to be involved in order for my husband and I to get a divorce under the grounds of adultery

1 Expert Comment

  1. On February 11, 2014 at 8:37 am
    Jennifer M. Long, B.A. J.D. said:

    Is this only a simple divorce? If there are no children or property and this is a simple divorce, the husband can usually swear an affidavit and submit it with the application for divorce attesting that he had an affair to obtain a divorce that way. However, I must caution that if there are property, children , or support issues, then you should seek the advice of a family law lawyer who can assist you in resolving these prior to a divorce order. If there are children and there is no court order or agreement to deal with child support, then a divorce is not likely to be granted.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved