dependants & taxes

Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Separation by Questions on March 2, 2013

My wife and i have been separated for five years, the children live with me full time an rarely visit her, even though we live just a few kilometers apart.She still claims one as a dependant. How do I get to claim both as dependants? She refuses to give a letter to revenue Canada saying they live with me full time.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 4, 2013 at 9:53 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    I suggest you contact Revenue Canada and see what they require. I suspect they will want to see either a written Separation Agreement clearly identiying the residency of the children, or a court order.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9