Posted in Anonymous Q & A, Children by Questions on March 6, 2013

I have been separated 5 years, ex-wife decided to take off to live with new Boyfriend 4 hours from me. I went from shared to I have the kids full-time now, she visits on weekends for now for a day. How do I get it documented that I have full custody? Where do I start? She doesn’t agree with signing anything stating this and says she shouldn’t have to pay me child support. Where do I start?

1 Expert Comment

  1. On March 7, 2013 at 9:55 am
    Lorrie Stojni, B.A., M.A., LL.B. said:

    I suggest you consult with a lawyer and commence custody proceedings in order to obtain a court order which reflects the current situation regarding the children. The proceeding would be commenced in the jurisduction where the children reside. You would also seek an order for child support.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.
150 King St W, Suite 239. Toronto, ON, M5H 1J9