1 (877) 797-9411

Can I reduce my child support payment ?

Posted in Children, Location, Montreal, Quebec by Questions on June 29, 2014

Hello. Let me first start off by saying that I owe arrears in child support which I make payments towards each month. My childs mother has sole custody of our child. I pay each month my monthly child support due plus a portion towards my arrears. While my child is in my custody for 10 weeks out of the year is there a way (since I continue to make my monthly payments plus arrears to child support) to get taken off of my arrears owed since I have our child in my custody for those 10 weeks and still pay out chilled support. Hence I pay her to take care of out child for 10 weeks on top of me taking care of out child while he is not in her custody. Thank you for your time.

1 Expert Comment

  1. On June 30, 2014 at 9:33 am
    Andrew Heft said:

    Child support is calculated based on revenues as well as time spent with custody of the child. If child support was calculated adequately, the amount payable should already account for the 10 weeks when the child is under your care. I would advise you verify the child support judgment to see what amount of time was allotted you in the calculation.

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2020 divorce-canada.ca, All Rights Reserved